HomesRenewed will make 2019 the year housing connects to healthcare policy for #AffordableAging in America.
Policymakers are starting to recognize that the social determinants of health are crucial. Housing is one of the key social and environmental factors.
HomesRenewed™ will move this bipartisan issue to the forefront. HomesRenewed Coalition supports affordable, healthy aging by advocating for incentives to update homes.
In the past year HomesRenewed:
- Presented a petition with 179 signatures in support of HR 1780 to members of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Advised the legislative staff of Sen. Angus King on a companion bill for home update incentives.
- Took a leadership role in promoting the alignment of housing, healthcare, and aging furthering the goal of #AffordableAging.
In the coming year HomesRenewed is building a Coalition. We need your support to:
- Push for an updated version of HR1780 in the new Congress and Senate.
- Conduct and publicize new research showing that more prepared homes will reduce healthcare costs and improve happiness, health, and well-being.
Thank you for your interest. Your financial support will enable us make 2019 a year that health policy surges forward to bring #AffordableAging to America..